If you are a mac user, you should understand how to record audio. An audio recording can help successfully complete many objectives. It can either be a recording of a business presentation, an upcoming job interview, or even a voice reminder.
However, if you are yet to learn the way to do it, need not worry. We will comprehensively look at all the efficient ways to audio record on mac. There are many different ways to record audio but we will only focus on the efficient ones.
The process of screen recording is straightforward and does not take muchof your time. However, without the correct guide, you won’tachieve what you had got planned.
Record audio on Mac using In-built Audio Workstation
Mac computers come with in-built functionalities that record audio. The QuickTime Player, Garageband, and voice memos are so far the easiest software to use.
Here are six steps to follow when using QuickTime Player
- Open QuickTime player
- Go to File and select New Audio Recording.
- Choose your microphone and audio quality.
- Click start recording.
- Click stop after you have finished recording.
- Now click on save and choose where you want to store the file.
- If you have problems with the audio volume, check out how to fix Audio issues in macOS.
Record audio on Mac using Voice Memos
The voice memo app is simple to use app that facilitates sound recording from your microphone. This application comes already installed on the mac.
- Open Voice memo
- Click the red recording button on the bottom left of the page.
- Other functionalities like pause, play, resume, crop, share, and stop are also available on the popup voice memo screen. Choose a microphone that you will use by going to system preference, sound, and then input.
- Click Stop when done with the recording.
- Rename the audio from New recording to your preferred name
- The audio will be available on the voice memo anytime you open the page.
Voice memo is a sophisticated player because you can edit and share the recording any time.
When you record audio with your iPhone or iPad, you will find it on the mac’s voice memo. iPhones and mac accounts are connected, thus synchronizing automatically.
Record audio on Mac using GarageBand
- Open Garageband
- Click New Project
- Choose a track type
- Click “record using a microphone or line input.”
- Choose a microphone and start the audio recording.
- There are other buttons and functionalities like volume adjustment settings, compressor, and equalizer for you to use during the audio recording.
- After recording, click the save button. Choose a name and location.
Advanced Audio Recording
For more advanced audio recording, there are sophisticated tools for you to use. These include apps like Audacity, GarageBand, Macsome, Audio Hijack, and Audio Note.
Pros and cons of advanced audio recording tools
Advanced audio recording tools have their advantages and a few disadvantages. Here are three advantages and one disadvantage to note.