Safari web browser is the default browsing solution on all mac computers. This app is not only efficient but secure, reliable, and the best alternative so far.
Often when you hear of an “update,” it means installing improved features and adding extra functionalities to a particular application. Be it the dashboard, dictionary, or even Face Time.Most updates are supposed to be “a better”improvement than their predecessor.
Safari web browser, in this case, is a significant app that should be updated regularly to enhance usability and efficient user experience.
As of now, the latest edition available is Version 14.0.3. This edition was released on February 1, 2021, and it includes bug fixes, improved security, and enhanced security upgrades.
Here, we will show you how to update Safari on mac.
Check out how to use internet explorer on a mac if you need to authenticate something on the internet during the update.
To effectively update Safari, you should quit open apps. This allows for faster download and installation time.
Steps to Follow
There are different ways of updating Safari on your Mac.
- Via the software update method
- By visiting Apple’s official website
1. Via the Software Update
there are a few steps for you to follow to s update Safari using this particular method successfully.
- Go to the Apple logo (located at the top left corner of your screen) and click it.
- Go to System Preferences and wait for a popup window.
- On the list of apps, navigate to the “Software Update” and click it.
- Your computer will check for available updates (it will take you about 3-5 minutes, depending on your internet connection)
- You will see all the available updates. But in this case, we will concentrate on updating Safari. Click on more info to see the description.
- Click Install Now and wait for it to load
- After installing the update, Safari will restart. Now, you will have the latest edition installed on your computer.
What to Note
There are a few notable things you should keep in mind.
- Safari update will not delete your bookmarks or history.
- After the update, Cookies and Cache will be deleted on a few occasions. You can manually clear cookies and cache.
2. Upgrading Via Apple’s Official Website
If you cannot update Safari via the above process, you can do it by visiting Apple’s official website.
- Go to https://support.apple.com/downloads on your browser.
- Scroll the featured download page and check for Safari. Alternatively, type Safari on the search bar
- and click the first option displayed.
- If your Safari browser is outdated, you have the option of updating it.
Note: Updating your safari via this method comes with its advantages. The most significant one, however, is the availability of different versions to select.
You have the option of either downloading the latest Version, Snow Leopard version, or Safari 1.2 edition.