Internet Explorer is an alternative browser that securely boosts all your internet-based operations. It is not only safe& universal but a free-to-install browser with additional capabilities. As much as the browser is specifically developed for Windows operating systems, you can still use it on Mac Operating Systems.
The Mac operating system, on the other hand, is built to support the Safari browser. This means that Macintosh computers come with Safari set as its default web browsing tool.Nonetheless, with the correct guide, you can still use the Internet Explorer at your convenience.
Today, mostMacBook users ask one crucial question. How to use Internet Explorer on Mac?
To Use Internet Explorer on Mac, you should follow a series of vital steps.
But first, before proceeding to how to use Internet Explorer on Mac, you should understand that there are manyways of using the windows-based browser on Mac.Here, we will look at four of the most commonly used methods.
- Using the Microsoft account
- Running windows-based programs on a Mac
- Download Internet Explorer for Mac
Simulating Internet Explorer on Safari
Sincecertain websites require you to use Internet Explorer, you will need to install it or use a simulator on your Mac computer.
Here are the steps involved.
- Open Safari on your computer
- Go to preferences and click it once
- A popup window will appear on your screen.
- On the screen, navigate to the Advances settings button and click it.
- Tickthe “Show Develop menu in menu bar”at the bottom of the advanced settings window
- Close the window and go to the Develop menu on safari’s menu bar
- Click the User-Agent and select Internet Explorer.
- Safari will automatically change to Internet Explorer.
Using a Microsoft Account
Using the Microsoft account is another quick alternative that allows you to have Internet Explorer on your device.
Here are the steps you should follow.
- Go to Safari and click the Microsoft official page (Microsoft.com)
- Sign in. (If you do not have an account, you can create one)
- Go back to Safari and click the App Store on the menu bar.
- Search for Microsoft Remote Desktop app
- Install the app and close the tab
- On Safari, go to File, New Private Window, type (remote.modern.ie), and sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Tick the allow the app to access information,choose your location, and submit.
- Close the windows and open the Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Click the Azure RemoteApp and sign in.
- Choose the Microsoft account.
- Follow all the required steps to complete the process.
- A popup window will appear with the Internet Explorer button.
- Click internet explorer and enjoy
Download Internet Explorer for mac
The Mac compatible Internet Explorer app is also an efficient alternative when using explorer on your MacBook. This particular desktop app is available for download and installation.
Steps involved: You will follow five steps
- Go to a reliable and safe software download site on your computer. i.e. Softonic and FileHippo
- Search for Internet Explorer for mac
- Download the latest version of the executable file
- Check compatibility. (Whether it is compatible with your Mac OS)
- Install the .exe file and follow the required steps
Compatibility: Compatible with all Mac Os versions
Advantages and Disadvantages of Internet Explorer
The browser has its pros and cons.
|Available for free||No add on, plugins, and extension support.|
|Compatible with most websites||Tends to be slightly slower than Safari and chrome|
|Secure||User-interface is not the best.|
All the above-discussed methods can allow you to use Internet Explorer on Mac. However, you need to consider the best alternative that works fine on your computer.