Sometimes, the Windows 10 brightness slider will miss from its original position(notification bar). This is because of several different reasons. Some of these reasons might be because of technical complications, while others because of non-technical issues –like a critical battery level.
Nonetheless, if you have a PC with brightness controls or adjustment buttons on the keyboard, you need not worry. On the contrary, if your PC does not have these additions/extras or if the keyboard is not working, then you need a comprehensive guide that assists you to troubleshoot this issue.
Fortunately, in this guide, you will learn why the brightness slider at times is unavailable, and all the available ways to resolve it.
Why will the Brightness Slider bar Miss all over Sudden?
Many reasons can make the Windows 10 brightness slider miss.
Here are three of the most common reasons to read and understand.
- Outdated graphics drivers
- Corrupted monitor drivers
- Corrupted/missing files after Windows 10 upgrade
Available Solutions for Windows 10 Slider Bar Missing Issue
Below are the solutions to solving this particular issue. We will look at both the quick fix solutions available and the available solutions.
You have five quick-fix solutions to attempt.
- Restart your PC and check if the slider is still missing.
- Restart Windows Explorer via the task manager
- Download and manually install Windows 10 brightness slide bar from reliable online websites.
- Downgrade to the previously installed Windows 10 version.
- Adjust the power plan settings from the settings window
Three comprehensive solutions
1. Update/Enable the Display Drivers
There are different ways of updating the display driver. However, we will focus on two of the most common and straightforward methods to follow.
- Go to the start menu and right-click it once
- Navigate to Device Manager by pressing the CTRL + ALT + DEL buttons simultaneously for not more than a second
- Scroll and right-clicking the display adapters menu(this expands the menu)
- A drop-down menu will appear with the display adapters available on your pc
- Right-click on one of the Intel display adapters and click update driver. The Intel display adapter is usually the first one that appears on the list. You will, however, notice two display adapters with most PCs.
- You have two options for updating the drivers. Either Automatic or Manual update.
- Reboot your Pc and check if the brightness slider is available. Restarting your PC helps save the changes made.
- On the search bar located at the bottom left corner of your screen, type updates
- Click Check for updates from the list of related search results
- If either the display adapter drivers or the Intel display adapters are outdated, you will see a yellow triangle indication with an exclamation mark beside the outdated driver
- Your PC will update the drivers automatically
- Restart your PC and check if the slider bar is now available
2. Upgrade the Monitor’s Drivers
If the first solution did not solve the problem, you should upgrade the monitor’s driver.
- Navigate to Device Manager
- Scroll and right-clicking the monitor menu to expand it
- You should see “PnP-Monitor Lock (Standard).”Right-click it
- Go to Driver > Update driver >(You have two options for updating the drivers. Either Automatic or Manual update).
- Connect to the internet and click automatic update if you do not have the updated drivers. If you do have the drivers, click update >Browse my computer for drivers>pick from the list of drivers available.
3. Use Third-Party Software
Although using third-party apps to solve the issue is considered among the last options to try, you can go for this solution if all the above-discussed alternatives do not help.
Third-party apps include Windows 10 screen brightness sliders downloadable from reliable online websites.
Note: Check for an app/software that is compatible with your PC for efficient performance.
By following the above guide, you will now be able to increase or dim the brightness. This easy to follow guide shows you how to resolve the slider problem completely.