There are many different reasons can cause the hello face recognition to malfunction. Some of the reasons are technical, while others are non-technical. You can, however, address the technical issues using an extensive guide. The non-technical issues, on the other hand,only require a simple DIY guide.
So, with the correct guide, you can troubleshoot the hello face recognition without any difficulty.
Likewise, we will look at why the hello face recognition option is unavailable. This includes,what to do.
Why is the hello Face Recognition is Unavailable?
There are a few reasons that can make the hello fingerprint and face recognition feature stop functioning.
Below are a few.
But before we continue, let us first categorize the issues into two sub- sections. (1) Technical issues and (2) Non-technical issues.
- Outdated biometrics drivers
- Resetting the Windows 10 hello configurations
- Rebooting your device
Troubleshooting Outdated Biometric Drivers
Often, when the biometric drivers are outdated, the Windows Hello face recognition option will be unavailable.
So, here are the few steps to follow to update the biometric drivers.
- Go to the start menu and then right-click it.
- Choose Device Manager.
- Scroll and check the fingerprint, Hello, and webcam drivers. If the drivers are indeed outdated, you will notice a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark.
- Next, right-click on the hello driver and then select “Remove driver.”
- Now, you should reboot your device to complete the whole process.
- Once your device is ON, go to Device manager and again right-click the Windows hello driver option.
- Click update driver. You can either choose to manually or automatically update the drivers.
Resetting the Windows 10 hello Configurations
You can solve the issue by resetting the Windows 10 hello configuration. To do so, you need to follow the below steps.
- Press the Windows key + I on your keyboard. But, if your keyboard is not working as it should, navigate to the start menu and click settings.
- Go to the Accounts window and choose Sign-in options
- Next, go to “fingerprint” and “facial recognition” and click “remove.”
- Finally, click “Get started.” Follow all the required steps and restart your device and check if the issue persists.
Reboot your device
A quick reboot of your device can ensure the problem is resolved.
- Go to the start menu and left-click it once
- Next, go to the power option and click it once
- Click Restart. Alternatively, you can click “Shut down,” then wait for a few second and restart your device.
Other Quick-Fix Solutions to Try
There are a few quick-fix solutions to get the hello face recognition fixed.
Run Troubleshooting via the settings menu
- Navigate to the Settings window.
- Go to Update & Security
- Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar
- Click the first search result that appears.
- Next, navigate to “Fix problems with Windows Update.” Under “System and Security.”
Rollback the Settings to an Earlier Edition or just Reset the Whole System.
If either updating the whole system configurations caused the malfunction, you should roll back the settings.
- Navigate to the settings window
- Click Update & Security.
- Go to Recovery. Here, you can either choose to Reset the PC or proceed with the advanced startup action.
Update Windows 10
The hello face recognition unavailability might bea result of an outdated system. So, to update the system, you should follow the steps below.
Manually Updating Windows 10
- Navigate to the start menu and click Settings
- Next, click the “Windows Update” button and choose “Check for updates.”
- If there are updated available, they will automatically start to download.
With the above guide, you can effectively troubleshoot the windows 10 hello face recognition option. In case the above-discussed methods do not work, we advise contacting the device manufacturer for much more professional help.