Windows 10 has plenty of attractive backgrounds, themes, and wallpapers available for you to choose from and apply whenever you please. However, these backgrounds and themes can either be in-built, downloaded, or even custom wallpaper.
Changing the desktop background takes approximately 2 to 4 minutes (regardless of the method you intend to follow). Nonetheless, you should note that one can change the desktop background plus the theme simultaneously.
How to change the background on windows 10
There are several different ways of changing the desktop background on Windows 10 or any other Windows version. This guide will help you achieve this efficiently. The primary focus will be step-by-step procedures for the most efficient way of changing the Windows 10 desktop background.
Below are four of the most efficient methods.
Method 1 is the most straightforward means of successfully achieving this– which we are going will discuss here.
This method includes three easy-to-follow steps.
- Go to the particular picture you want to set as the background
- Right-click the picture. (You will see a drop-down menu box with different instructions).
- Scroll to “set as desktop background.”
You do not need to close all opened apps. You can split the screen and continue.
You can also change the background via the start button. Method number 2 is also another straightforward solution.
- Click the start button
- Go to settings
- Click “Personalization,” then follow steps 3-5 of method 1 above
This method helps you change the desktop background via the control panel.
- On the search bar (located at the bottom left corner of the home page), type “control panel.”
- On the control panel window, navigate to personalization
Method 4 involves a straightforward process
- On the desktop, position your cursor on the desktop’s open space and right-click
- You will see a drop-down menu with several commands
- Navigate to personalization (you will notice the background, colours, Lock screen, Themes, and Start).
- Go to the Background menu and select the picture. Pictures come in either solid colour or slideshow.
- Select a solid colour, you have 24 colours to consider.
- If you pick the slideshow option, you can either choose the picture to change after every 1 minute, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 6 hours or even a day.
- If you choose a picture, click browse to pick any photo from the available destinations (downloads, desktop, local disk, or any other location which has a storage space)
- Finally, you can choose the picture to either fit, fill or stretch. Also, you can let set the picture’s position. (Tile, centre, or span). This is because every photo has a different size and aspect ratio.
- When you choose your preferred background, you can preview it at the top of the preview pane before exiting the personalization window.
What to Note
- If you do not have any favorite in-built wallpaper, you can download it from the internet.
- You can choose live wallpaper to enhance the desktop’s appearance.