Apart from all the other radicalutilities that windows 10 allows you to execute, you can efficiently do most of them with the right user guide. The most crucial functionality, in thiscase, isscreenrecording.
Often, the screen recording feature allows you as a computer user to emphasize online tutorials or even present video capture efficiently. And so, you need to understand how to execute the steps accurately.
You should note that the screen recording featureon windows 10 can be achievedby following a few simplesteps. Fortunately, in this article, we will look at all the available methods you can follow to screen record on windows 10.
Available ways to record the screen
- Using screen recording software.
- Using the in-built windows 10 functionalities.
Using the Windows 10 in-built Functionality
There is built-in functionality that allows users to record videos without downloading or registering for any additional app. This functionality is known as the Gaming bar.
Normally, the Gaming bar is used to record games. However, it can also be used to record any video that you might want.
- To begin recording, open the screen recording menu by clicking the windows button + letter G simultaneously. Alternatively, you can click the Windows + Alt + letter R. (The recording menu will appear immediately.
- This recording menu has several buttons that perform different functions. The most essential include the screenshot button, start recording button, settings button, and microphone button. (However, the most important button is the recording and settings)
- By clicking the “Record” button in the controls, you will start the recording process. You can either turn the microphone ON or OFF depending on your preferences.
- Under settings, you can change a lot of things. You can even change the recording length, video mode, quality, and so much more.
- All the recorded videos are automatically stored under the c:\Users\vlarn\videos\captures\NewTab folder.
- If you like, you can use video editing software to trim your video and upload it to different media platforms.
Using PowerPoint 2016 or Higher
Today, the PowerPoint has additional functionalities that make your experience overwhelming. The screen recording feature is an addition that is available in the 2016 PowerPoint version but not in earlier versions (2007, 2010, and 2013).
You should note that this screen recording feature is used to export your PowerPoint recorded videos from one location to the other.
But, you can use this feature to record other types of videos and not necessarily for PowerPoint use only.
- Launch the PowerPoint application.
- Select the blank presentation.
- After a blank presentation has opened, click the insert button.
- At the furthest right corner next to the Video and Audio button, you will see the screen recording button.
(The screen recording tool in PowerPoint will not only capture video recordings on PowerPoint alone. It will capture anything that you like on your computer screen, including applications, games, and many more).
- Click the recording button and a menu bar will appear offering different options like the select recording area, start, stop, and audio toggle.
- Select the area that you want to record with your cursor and click the red record button. Minimum size is 64×64 pixels.
- After recording your videos, they will be saved in your preferred location folder. File>Save As (choose the file name and folder location). ClickSave.
Using a Screen Recording Software
Today, there are many different screen recording apps for Windows 10 that can get the job done. You only need to identify the most sophisticated tool that guarantees ultimateresults.
Here are five free screenrecording apps for windows 10 for you to pick.
- OBS Studio
- Free Cam