There are several ways to uninstall apps on Windows 10. Windows 10 offers some of these ways, while others involve the use of third-party programs. Uninstalling simple apps like those installed from the Microsoft store is easy and can be done from the Start menu option. However, for larger programs or apps, which often store their settings in different places within your system such as the Windows Registry, a formal uninstallation method may be required.
Here are the different ways to uninstall Window’s 10 apps:
- Uninstall an App from the Start Menu
- Uninstall an App Using Settings
- Uninstall an App Using the Control Panel (for programs)
Uninstall an App from the Start Menu
Here are the steps/guide on how to uninstall apps on Windows 10using this method:
- Click on the Start button.
- Find the app you want to uninstall.
- On the app, right-click (or press and hold) on it and select the Uninstall option.
- An uninstall window will pop up, which you will then click on the Uninstall option to remove the app.
Uninstall an App Using the Control Panel
Here are the steps/guide on how to uninstall apps on Windows 10 using this method:
- Click on the taskbar from which you will see a search box.
- Type Control Panel and select it from the appearing results.
- Under the Select Programs option, click on Programs and Features.
- Right-click (or press and hold) on the app you would like to uninstall and select the Uninstall/Change or Uninstall option.
- Follow the on-screen directions given in the pop-up Window.
- Lastly, click on Finish when done.
However, if you cannot locate/find the program/app you want to uninstall, you may have to use the Uninstall an App Using the Settings options using the guide below.
Uninstall an App Using Settings
A different option through which you can uninstall an app on Windows 10 is the Apps & Features section under Windows Settings. Here are the steps/guide on how to uninstall apps on Windows 10:
- Click or select Start.
- Select Settings.
- Open Apps.
- Go to the Apps & Features option (you can also type Add or remove programs on the search box located on the taskbar to get to this step).
- Select the app you want to uninstall by clicking on it and then click on the Uninstall option from the pop-up Window that will appear.